Reorganization and a little pause in the plan

I went back to Fiber Arts for more yarn. I'm keeping the prune mix alpaca, but felt it's just too subdued a color for the Exonumist's Shawl. I was going for peacock and I found exactly that in a hand-dyed lace wool from Prism Yarn, in colors called "peacock".


Starting a gauge swatch, I thought, "What the hell have I gotten myself into?" I'll need way stronger glasses and metal needles for this. The bamboo needles were perfect for the rayon yarn in Liz's shawl, but this wool is not as slippery. While I was taking a break, dear Wayne cleared his stuff out of the old armoire in the extra room so I can put my yarns in the cedar lined cabinet. Thanks honey!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

trellis lace bookmark

leaf me alone, i'm reading

Trois Fleurs Lace Bookmark