- 3 medium potatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 4 or 5 carrots
- a couple stalks of celery
- about a cup of broccoli (I hate peas)
- 3 tablespoons of butter (not margarine!)
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- about a cup of chicken broth
- about a cup of heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Chop up into bite sized pieces about 2 cups of your leftover turkey. Put the turkey and the veggies into the pastry filled pie plate and pour the sauce over. Roll out the top crust and crimp the edges. Decorate with bits of shaped dough, and brush the top with egg if you want it shiny.
Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes, then turn the heat down to 350 degrees and continue cooking for about 30 minutes until the crust is golden brown. I have no clue how many calories are in this and I don't care. It's really good.