Wednesday, June 29, 2011

sorry about the bloglect. here are some flowers.

Hello.  My name is Leigh and I have been a horrible blogger.  I have been practicing blog neglect, or bloglect, if you will, due to a terrible case of "I don't give a flying crap about anything".  I am pulling myself out of that netherworld.  Triggered by being told by the library director that my position will be eliminated, I flew into a depression that is slowly subsiding.  I have since been offered a position and I will still have a job at the library doing the exact same thing, albeit with a smaller paycheck.  It's my reward for 30 years of dedicated enthusiastic service to the public.  Yeah!  I still have a job.  Damn!  I have to find a way to pay the mortgage.

Full disclosure...I've added an Amazon thing to the blog.  If you click through a book link, and buy something, I get a couple of pennies.

What has helped my mood is spending time in my garden, knitting, and my wonderful husband, Wayne.  Also, reading other blogs that I love, like Mara's blog Fantasia.  Back in March, she wrote about a gardening book that I subsequently ordered through interlibrary loan.  The book, Dear Friend and Gardener, is a series of letters between Beth Chatto and Christopher Lloyd.  It was comfort reading.  In a very odd coincidence, shortly after I read this book I received another book that I had put on hold.  I reserve tons of gardening and knitting books every month.  The next book to come was Color for Adventurous Gardeners by Christopher Lloyd.  Serendipity!

I promise to keep up with this blog.  I realize I've missed writing, and I hope you've missed reading.  Here are pictures of some currently blooming orchids to make up for the gap.  Things are looking up.  The rainy season is here.

Odd colors in a V. Mimi Palmer.
From orchids
From orchids
From orchids
Sunlight through purple vanda.
From orchids

2 comments:

Mara said...

Glad you enjoyed the book. So sorry to hear about your problems at work. Hugs...

Leigh said...

Thanks, Mara <3