a gardening knitter's tribute to independence day

Yesterday was my neighbor's birthday.  I knitted her a ballband dishcloth and mitered hanging towel in red and white to go with her vintage Coca Cola themed kitchen.  The patterns are from two of my favorite books, Mason-Dixon Knitting and Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines.
From knitting
We also traded some plants appropriate for the holiday.  I have white firecracker plants and she has red ones.  These are great plants for Florida.  Also know as Coralblow (?!), and properly as Russelia, they grow easily from seed, cuttings and runners.  They bloom continuously in the summer and attract hummingbirds.

Here's a slideshow to get you in the mood for fireworks this evening.  The pictures are from our garden with a doggy version of the 1812 Overture courtesy of Barking Classics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

trellis lace bookmark

leaf me alone, i'm reading

Trois Fleurs Lace Bookmark