Happy Birthday, Wayne - the Awesomest Husband in the Known Universe

What would be more embarrassing than having a parade of servers veer toward your table clapping and singing a cheezy Happy Birthday ditty, you...trying to look inconspicuous and failing miserably?  How about having your wife post a blog that's all about the wonderfulness of you?  Yep, that should do it.

Today is the birthday of my husband, best friend, love of my life, my Nailcakes.  Wayne is more handsome today than the day I met him.  Exhibit A:


Wayne can do anything.  He can build a pond, fix his truck (not mine, it's new and requires a computer to figure out what's wrong and computers are not his thing), play nurse to sick cats, and repair a cuckoo clock.  He reminds me to take my vitamins, eat, wake up, stop playing that stupid game!  He gave me two great kids, with no effort required on my part.  They came with the deal.  If I'd gone through labor pains with them (thanks to their mom for that), I'd love them no more than I do now.  David and Kimberly are my best friends, too.  

The plan was to go to the Rays vs. Indians game today at the trop.  My truck decided to croak and is in the shop until tomorrow.  Instead, we took Wayne's '66 Chevy S10 to Target and I bought him new flip flops and Avatar for his birthday.  Then I made him a birthday pie:
It's apple and it's the best damned apple pie ever.  It's for the best damned husband ever.  I love you, Nailcakes.  Happy Birthday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

trellis lace bookmark

leaf me alone, i'm reading

Trois Fleurs Lace Bookmark