Saturday, May 22, 2010

there's a book for that

I am introducing Dr. Mack Hicks, author of Digital Pandemic tomorrow at the library.  He will be there signing and talking about his new book.  As a psychologist, his concern is that our immersion in digital technology has caused us to become increasingly reclusive.  In the book, he lays out a plan whereby we can regain our connection with ourselves, others and our environment.  I do plan to read the book, but only found out I was doing this 4 days ago.  Tonight, I quickly painted this t-shirt to wear (we're allowed casual wear on Fridays and weekends).  It would have come out better if I'd used iron on letters.  I hand painted it and it's not very applelike (meaning perfect).  It occurs to me that an outline of a book with a bite taken out of it would be a great logo.  I'll do another one and take more time with it.  Thanks to Robert Balliot, Ocean State Librarian, for the phrase.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should sell those shirts!

Anonymous said...

If you sell those, I can count 10 librarians off the top of my head (myself included) that would snap one up!

Anonymous said...

I second that!

Leigh said...

Why thank you, Anonymi (is that the plural of Anonymous? I should ask Joe Schallan). If I open a hand painted t-shirt business, I'll let you know here.

Nann said...

Wow, you painted that? Good job!