kumara diamonds for kayla

It has been a dreary damp day.  Perfect for knitting, since I have the day off.  I'm working Saturday and Sunday, so won't have much time for knitting this weekend.  This is a hat I promised to make for Kayla, my best friend Jimi's granddaughter.

Kayla picked this pattern out of 100's of them on Ravelry.  It's called Kumara Diamond Cap by Classic Elite Yarns.  I really, really like it.  It is the first time I've knitted a hat in the round.  It's ridiculously easy, mostly knit stitches with pearl pumps delineating a diamond pattern.  I'm using Lion Brand Wool-Ease in black.  Progress pics...
From knitting
From knitting
I hope to be finished by Saturday night, when we're due to go to Jimi & Leon's for dinner.  I've learned a lot in the process today.  I hope it fits (gauge swatch, check)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

trellis lace bookmark

leaf me alone, i'm reading

Trois Fleurs Lace Bookmark