garden zen

Spring in Florida is marked by rampant growth in our garden. Everything is popping up or in bud or coming back from what we thought was dead after several hard freezes this winter. The only thing we need now is rain. It has been dry for almost 3 weeks. Rain is due to move in sometime after midnight tonight and I am very happy about that. I miss the sound of it.

Wayne and I have had the urge to change things. Renewing the outdoor living room by putting down a rug, new cushions for the rocking chairs and a "grass" (recycled plastic bag) umbrella for the picnic table. Wayne was so enthused by the urge for change that he moved all of the furniture in our bedroom while I was at work last Saturday. When I came home, he seemed a little sheepish. Why? He thought I wouldn't like it. What's not to like about a guy who moves furniture so he can banish dust bunnies that aggravate his significant other's allergies? The bed is now east/west in the room instead of north/south. We hadn't changed it in 20 years. It's kind of refreshing. And...I can breath now. We have a lot more planned for change, a new greenhouse, front walkway and back patio roof, but here's what we've done so far...
From Garden
From Garden
From Garden
We had a diseased water oak removed two weeks ago. This will be where the new greenhouse goes. Tony, the tree guy, left the stump cut level at 3 feet high, which we can use for a table.
From Garden
I love this umbrella!
From Garden
White petunias and African marigolds in an old cut-down air compressor tank.
From Garden
Up by the patio, an 'as is, final sale' water fountain adds soothing sound. Wayne fixed it as it was missing a few parts.

Comments

Unknown said…
The yard is looking great. I can't wait to see picture of your spring blooms. =)
Mara Acoma said…
Oooo I just love that fountain! You can't beat the sound of running water in a garden to help you relax.

Popular posts from this blog

trellis lace bookmark

leaf me alone, i'm reading

Trois Fleurs Lace Bookmark