About the orchids

I started this blog during my relearning how to knit adventure. I named it for a few of my favorite things. The orchids pictured are in our garden. We are fortunate to live in central Florida where most of them thrive with little attention. In fact, one can kill them with kindness, we've discovered, having murdered several innocent orchid plants early on. Six years ago, I was given my first orchid by friend and library patron, Carl Barth. It was a division of a dancing lady oncidium. Dear hubby and I now have well over 100 of them and recently built a table, with a screened bottom for air circulation. They are under an old oak tree and are pampered by a fan during the heat of the day. Pics of first orchid, now huge, and the table we built are below. More about the Dragon thing at another time.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

trellis lace bookmark

leaf me alone, i'm reading

Trois Fleurs Lace Bookmark