Knitting through Thick and Thin

Knitting is therapeutic. Knitting is calming. Knitting is creative release. Knitting can also be hard on the eyes and finger joints. I have two (of eight) projects going now that could not be more different from each other. One is a mat for the kitties shaped like a big mouse rug. It’s a pattern from Pet Projects by Joanna Osborne and Sally Muir. The other is a Diamond Lace Bookmark from Dizzy Spinster Designs by Heather M. Brown. One uses size 10 needles and Wool-Ease Thick and Quick yarn, the other uses size 1 needles and Katia Gatsby Lux DK weight yarn (leftover from Liz’s shawl). When my eyes get tired, I can switch to the cat mat. When my fingers and hands get tired of holding the heavy stuff, I switch to the tiny needles. And so, you can persevere to the finish of the one thing you have going, or have several going at once to match your mood and current capability. It’s nice to have options in life and knitting.
From Blogger Pictures
From Blogger Pictures

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

trellis lace bookmark

leaf me alone, i'm reading

Trois Fleurs Lace Bookmark