Pinwheels Lace Bookmark

The pattern in this knitted bookmark reminds me of pinwheels.  It is a little bit more challenging than the other bookmarks I've designed...but just a little.  If you'd like to knit one, the pattern is free.  You can also find this pattern and bazillions of others on Ravelry, the best freakin web site for knitters evah.  The yarn used is Mini Mochi, a mohair blend sock yarn that has beautiful long color changes.  I bought it at Fiber Art, Inc.  I used the new nickel plated dpns I got in a set from KnitPicks.
From knitting

I'm excited by a couple of books I just brought home from the library.  The Essential Stitch Collection by Lesley Stanfield & Melody Griffiths has easy to follow and well photographed patterns and charts for 300 different knit stitches.  Knitting Lace by Susanna E. Lewis is one I just might have to buy.  Our library didn't have a copy, so I received it through interlibrary loan from the Lee County Library System.  The book is based on a 19th-century sampler of knitted lace that resides at the Brooklyn Museum.  The sampler is 15 feet long and averages 3-1/2 inches wide, featuring 91 different patterns.

I wish interlibrary loan had succeeded in getting me Knitted Lace Designs of Herbert Neibling, but only one library in WorldCat owned it and they weren't willing to share.  I learned about that book while reading Franklin Habit's blog, The Panopticon.  That's another for my Amazon wish list.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for sharing your gorgeous knitted bookmark designs. As a somewhat advanced beginning knitter, I am looking forward to work a small lace bookmark with tiny needles and a delicate yarn.

Popular posts from this blog

trellis lace bookmark

leaf me alone, i'm reading

Trois Fleurs Lace Bookmark