wavy rib scarf finished

It took me a year.  This is a Christmas present for my dear stepson, David.  A 2009 Christmas present.  I got into so many projects that a few weren't finished in time last year.  My New Year's resolution on 1/1/2010 was to stop procrastinating and finish some projects.  I put that off until this year.  So, my New Year's resolution for 2011 is to stop procrastinating last year's non-procrastination resolution.

I'm amazed and just a little envious of the number of knitting bloggers who seem to finish a new project every freaking day.  I'm lucky if I finish (anything other than a bookmark which takes 2 hours) in less than a month.  I guess it helps to not have a day job.  I work (and I LOVE my job, so don't get me wrong), and have my iTunes habit to support, so time for knitting is not in plentiful supply.  When I retire, I plan to do nothing but knit and blog and have wonderful yarns sent to me for free by people begging me to mention their product.

This scarf was a free pattern I found on the Lion Brand yarn site.  I used Berroco Vintage in coriander.  The yarn is a very soft wool/acrylic blend that is machine washable.  I had to rewrite the pattern instructions so that I could follow them more easily.  You can find the pattern instructions rewrite on Ravelry.  If you knit and you're not on Ravelry, why aren't you?
From knitting
At about the half way point (or 30 inches) of this scarf, it seemed to refuse to get any longer.  In spite of that, I'll knit more scarves.  It took Helge Johansen of Norway 23 years to knit the longest scarf on record (knitted by one person) at 11,363 ft.  It took me a year to knit 5 feet, so...I won't be trying for the new record.

Off to dig out those other unfinished projects and make good on my New Year's resolution.

There's lots of love (and one or two swear words) knitted into that scarf for you, Dave.  You must send me a picture of you wearing it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

trellis lace bookmark

leaf me alone, i'm reading

Trois Fleurs Lace Bookmark