never ending phaleonopsis bloom

I bought an orchid for my honey on Valentine's Day.  This is August 3rd and it's still blooming, almost six months later.  Not the same blooms, but the bloom spike keeps growing and adding on new buds.  What's interesting is that the color has changed over the months.  It started out marled with purple, but the new blooms are whiter.  Here are pictures from February 14th.  The white one on the right is the one Wayne bought me.
From orchids
From orchids
Here is a picture now.  The bloom spike curls around and makes almost a circle.  It's still growing and has new unopened buds.
From orchids
I haven't even repotted it from the plastic pot.  I don't like to disturb them while they're blooming.  This is the energizer bunny of the orchid world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

trellis lace bookmark

leaf me alone, i'm reading

Trois Fleurs Lace Bookmark