water world

It's been raining for what feels like 2 weeks, but is probably more like 5 days.  I love a rainy day, but really,  we're in sunny Florida, and it's rare that we don't see the sun AT ALL for this many days in a row.  And it's Independence Day weekend, which means two whole days off.  What to do?  Make avocado cupcakes, of course.  What could be more American than that?  The recipe is from United Cakes of America by Warren Brown.  I borrowed it from the library, but really want to add this wonderful cookbook to my collection.  The cakes have a lot of nutmeg with fresh ground cornmeal, buttermilk, raisins and pecans (walnuts were called for, but I had a lot of pecans that mom gave me). They are wonderful with cream cheese frosting and a cup of coffee.

Then I planted the seeds, saving a few for you, Kim.  We've had at least 6 inches of rain in the past few days and the plants are loving it.  Several orchids decided to bloom.

From orchids
From orchids
I also messed around with video clips and made this watery little movie:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

trellis lace bookmark

leaf me alone, i'm reading

Trois Fleurs Lace Bookmark