Yarn shopping

I took Liz's shawl with me to the yarn shop to show Rosalind how well I've graduated from simple scarves and dishrags. Her advice on the type of yarn to use was so spot on that I asked about yarn for the Exonumist's Shawl. I've ordered the pattern and can't wait to get started. I picked up 4 skeins of Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine in Prune Mix for it. I also bought two balls of really soft Mini Mochi washable wool in purples/blues/greens for socks. I am determined to learn how to knit them first with dpns, maybe just to spite my dear cousin Eric, who counsels me to try the magic loop method. I LIKE lots of little pointy needles sticking every which way. If there's more than one way to do a thing, I like to learn the hard way first (I seem to have done that all my life), then every other way is just cake.

Now I say goodbye to my companion of 3 months as the Tuscany Shawl is wrapped in it's box waiting for the USPS to take it to Coeur d'Alene to hug my little sister for me.

Comments

Cousin Eric said…
Spite me?! How could you! Dpns are barbaric! You will be sorry!!!! But like I said in my reply to your comment on my blog, maybe you like the dpns because you like dragons, which have a lot of pointy parts. Hm?

I have seen the ultra alpaca. It's very nice. Even though it's about half wool it still has a good alpaca feel to it. I'm going to do something in alpaca when I've got more practice.

Popular posts from this blog

trellis lace bookmark

leaf me alone, i'm reading

Trois Fleurs Lace Bookmark