a lovely day for knitting

Yesterday it rained here.  That is a gross understatement.  There were tornadoes, one of which passed just a mile or so north of our house at 10 AM.  There was wind which gusted up to 80 mph.  This lasted all day.  By the end of the day, we were very glad we had that diseased oak tree removed a couple of weeks ago.  We had 6.5 inches of rain.
It was a good day for knitting.  I took out my current projects and decided which one I needed to finish first.  Mom's 80th birthday is imminent, so the pink and ecru kitty washcloths are first.  I'll include some artisan soap with the gift.  I must make time to work on the sweater for me!  It will be the Hampton Cardigan from New England Knits.  I'm using Berroco Lustra in Teal.  I also have to finish the bookmark I've made for Martha and will bring it to work on Saturday, which is when she usually volunteers at the library.
From knitting
Today was absolutely gorgeous.  Sunny, 70 degrees, blue skies...and I'm still knitting.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

trellis lace bookmark

leaf me alone, i'm reading

Trois Fleurs Lace Bookmark