wine time

It was about five years ago when my friend, Carl, offered me two grape vines he'd removed from his yard.  One of the vines is a Florida hybrid developed at USF which has a metal tag "FL primo bunch 'pink'".  The second vine had no identification, so I'm not sure of the variety.  Wayne built a simple arbor using pressure treated 4 x 4's and trellis panels to make a home for the grapes.
From grapes!
This year may prove to be our best harvest, yet.  The primo pink has lots of almost mature grapes. The no-name vine is completely covered with tiny clusters.  We've tried eating the primos in past years.  They're a bit tart.  We've never had mature grapes from the no-name vine.  This year we may have enough of both to make wine.  That has me thinking ahead to designing a label (Dragon's blood, anyone?).  Before that happens, I need to learn how to make wine.  It seems to involve bare feet and a large vat.
From grapes!
From grapes!
From grapes!
From grapes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

trellis lace bookmark

leaf me alone, i'm reading

Trois Fleurs Lace Bookmark